Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

History 101: Torta Cakes

I thought it might be good to begin this blogging experience by sharing the story of how Torta Cakes came to fruition. I grew up in a household of seven children of which I am the third oldest. There are six girls and one boy in my family. Yes, poor boy; surrounded by all that estrogen. As one can imagine there have been many weddings in my family. When my oldest sister got married my mother found out just how expensive a wedding cake is. She decided that someone in our family needed to learn how to make cakes so as to save money on the future wedding cakes. That job came to me because I was the oldest living at home at the time. So I learned how to make cakes and made my first wedding cake 13 years ago for a friend of mine. The cake turned out beautiful and I continued making cakes for friends and family, including all future weddings for my siblings. Last year I made a wedding cake for the daughter of an friend and had a wonderful experience, which led me to think - why can't I do this for a job? So Torta Cakes was born. I love to see how happy people are when they see their cakes and designing cakes gives me a chance to indulge my creative side. I've really developed a passion for cake decorating and I am striving to always make my cakes better. After all what good is a cake that looks good but tastes horrible. So that's Torta Cakes 101. There will be a test on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment