Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Stuff your mouth cake :)

Recently I made some small loaf cakes for testing purposes. I made enough to keep around to try out new frosting flavors and fillings. (Torta cakes works hard to grow our compilation of delicious cakes) Someone (names to remain anonymous) asked if they could eat my little loaf cakes. I said sure, thinking that just one would give me some feedback and I would still have others to tinker with. 5 cakes later....

This someone has stuffed their mouth with cake. Not to worry. When it comes to cake - stuffing is a good thing. I have a saying that I got from a friend - "No crumb left behind." But this has me thinking. What makes a cake worthy to be deemed a stuff your mouth cake? I thought of a few characteristics of a stuffing worthy cake:
  • Moist
  • Balance between fluffy and spongy
  • Flavorful
  • Appeals to the senses
  • Doesn't need the frosting to be good
What good is a beautiful looking cake if it doesn't taste good? Everyone has had a bad cake experience at some point in time; the cake is dry or tastes like cardboard. So at least I can say that my cake is mouth stuffing good.

No comments:

Post a Comment